And there was evening...
Tuesday, June 05, 2019
Gregorian Calendar: Jun 18 2019
Third Day of the Trinity Feast
~ Tone VII
- Hiero-Martyr Dorotheus, Bishop of Tyre, +362
- St. Prince Theodore, brother of St. Prince Alexander Nevsky, +1233
- Martyrs Marcian, Nicander, Hyperechius, and others, of Egypt, ca.310
- St. Theodore the Wonderworker, hermit of the Jordan, V cnt.
- St. Anubius, confessor and anchorite of Egypt, IV cnt.
- St. Constantine, Metropolitan of Kiev, +1159
- St. Igor (George), Prince of Chernigov, the passion-bearer +1147
- St. Abba Dorotheus of Palestine
- St. Peter, monk of Serbia
- Sts. Bassian and Jonah of Pertoma (Solovecsky mon.), uncov. of the relics
- St. Basil, Bishop of Riazan
- New Martyr Mark of Smyrna, who suffered in Chios
- St. Illidius, Bishop of Clermont, Gaul
- Martyr Christopher of Rome
- Martyr Conon of Rome
- Hiero-Martyr Boniface (Wynfrith) of Crediton, Archbishop of Mainz, +754
And there was morning...
Wednesday, June 06, 2019
Gregorian Calendar: Jun 19 2019
1st Wednesday after Pentecost
~ Tone VII
- St. Bessarion the Wonderworker of Egypt, IV cnt.
- St. Hilarion the New, abbot of the Dalmatian mon., +845
- Martyrs Archelais, Thecla, abd Susanna, maids, beheaded at Salerno, +293
- St. Paisius, abbot of Uglich, +1504
- St. Jonah, abbot of Klimecs, +1534
- St. Johah, Bishop of Perm
- St. Barlaam, abbot of Khutyn (Novgorod), uncov. of the relics
- Sts. Martha, Mary, Cyria, Valeria, and Marcia, maids of Caesarea, Palestine
- New Hiero-Martyr Andronic (Nikolsky), Archbishop of Perm, +1918
- St. Attalus the Wonderworker
- Martyr Gelasius
- St. Photius, monk