And there was evening...
Saturday, May 13, 2018
Gregorian Calendar: May 26 2018
7th Saturday after Easter
~ Tone VI
- Martyrs Glyceria and Laodicius in Heraclea, +177
- Martyr Alexander of Rome, ca.304
- St. George the Confessor of Constantinople, ca.840
- St. Pausicacius, Bishop of Synnada, +606
- St. Leander of Seville
- St. Euphimius the New of Iberia (+1028) and other Georgian Saints of Mt. Athos
- Martyrs of the Iveron Monastery, slain by the Latins in XIII cnt.
- St. Glyceria of Novgorod, +1522
- St. Macarius of Ovruch, transl. of the relics
- St. Macarius of Glushicsa, Vologda
- St. Servatius of the Netherlands
- St. Nicephorus, priest, of the mon. of Ephapsios
- Hiero-Martyr Alexander of Tiberias
And there was morning...
Sunday, May 14, 2018
Gregorian Calendar: May 27 2018
Pentecost - Holy Trinity Day
- Martyr Isidore of Chios, +251
- St. Isidore the Woderworker of Rostov, Fool-for-Christ, +1474
- Martyr Maximus, ca.250
- St. Serapion, monk, of Egypt, V cnt.
- St. Aprunculus, Bishop of Clermont in Gaul
- New Martyr Mark of Crete and Smyrna
- New Martyr John of Bulgaria
- St. Tychon of Zadonsk, uncov. of the relics, 1846
- Martyrs Alexander, Barbarus, and Acolythus of Constantinople
- St. Leontius, Patriarch of Jerusalem
- Martyrdom of monks and laymen in St.Paisius and St.Nicholas mon., 1609